As a Documentation Coordinator at Western Freight Solutions you are responsible for the accuracy of the information pertaining to all binding documents necessary in a supply chain solution transaction.
- Offer excellent customer service by effectively coordinating customer and carrier documentation requirements.
- Build and maintain good relationships with all customers, suppliers, and vendors.
- Submission of bill of lading instructions to carriers, as well as preparing, processing, and verifying accuracy and dispatching all export documents, as required.
- Remain responsible for ensuring the smooth flow of the movement of shipments, resolving any discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Review files before closing to ensure all processes are adhered to.
- Work closely with all internal stakeholders to ensure best in class performance in the logistics section of the business.
- Work closely with assigned logistics coordinator.
- The company may assign other duties as required.
- 1-2+ years of experience in freight forwarding an asset.
- Solid computer software skills (Microsoft Word, Excel and working with ERP software considered a plus).
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written). Bilingualism an asset.
- Strong organizational, time management and detail-oriented skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with time-sensitive deadlines.
- Proven ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
- Self-starter and ability to take direction.
- Strong aptitude in managing time critical situations in a business efficient manner.
- Excellent decision making and problem-solving skills.
- A thirst for knowledge, personal growth, and taking on new challenges.
- Versatile, flexible and customer service centric individual.
- Competitive Salary
- Healthcare Benefits Package
- Dental, Vision, AD&D, Life Insurance, Extended Health Care
- RRSP Matching
- Casual Attire
- Career Growth
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation, RRSP matching, Extended health benefits (medical, dental, and vision), life insurance, disability, and more.
We thank all applicants for their interest and will contact those candidates under consideration.
Western Freight Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity in our workforce and is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
To be eligible for this position, you must legally be permitted to work in Canada without any additional sponsorship support from Western Freight Solutions Limited.