As a Sales Coordinator at Western Freight Solutions, you will work within the commercial team to assist in developing supply chain solution geared at enhancing international trade, maintaining operational fluidity, and advocating for the most economic options in the face of an ever-changing supply chain landscape.
- Assist in the negotiation of freight rate levels with the various shipping lines.
- Manage the entry and manipulation of freight and domestic rate levels while maintaining accuracy of the information.
- Manage the various shipping line allocations and assignment of shipping lines to maximize the fluidity and profitability of the organization.
- Assist in reassignments of the supply chain solution based on available equipment and vessel space.
- Assist in the creation of external rate sheets for customers.
- Point of contact for certain customers for commercial rates and general commercial queries.
- Work closely with all internal stakeholders to ensure best in class performance in the logistics section of the business.
- Work closely with the management, documentation, logistics and domestic team.
- Assist with supply chain planning when needed (logistics coordination).
- The company may assign other duties as required.
- Diploma/Degree or certificate in Supply Chain Management, Business, or equivalent experience an asset.
- 1+ years of experience in logistics coordination for agricultural commodities or other commodities an asset.
- 1+ years of experience in freight forwarding an asset.
- 1+ years of experience in freight negotiations an asset.
- Solid computer software skills (Microsoft Word, Excel and working with ERP software considered a plus).
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written). Bilingualism an asset.
- Strong organizational, time management and detail-oriented skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with time-sensitive deadlines.
- Proven ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
- Self-starter and ability to take direction.
- Strong aptitude in managing time critical situations in a business efficient manner.
- Excellent decision making and problem-solving skills.
- A thirst for knowledge, personal growth, and taking on new challenges.
- Versatile, flexible and customer service centric individual.
- Competitive Salary
- Healthcare Benefits Package
- Dental, Vision, AD&D, Life Insurance, Extended Health Care
- RRSP Matching
- Casual Attire
- Career Growth
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation, RRSP matching, Extended health benefits (medical, dental, and vision), life insurance, disability, and more.
We thank all applicants for their interest and will contact those candidates under consideration.
Western Freight Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity in our workforce and is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
To be eligible for this position, you must legally be permitted to work in Canada without any additional sponsorship support from Western Freight Solutions Limited.