A Logistics Coordinator at Western Freight Solutions is responsible to plan and execute the supply chain solution with their customers through bookings acquired from the shipping line and coordination with the various partner transloading facilities. The role entails being the intermediary between the customer and various vendors and advocating on behalf of your customers. Moreover, always providing customers with accurate information in relations to their book of business and advising / informing them on the various updates of international trade.
- Coordinate the supply chain solution based on requirements provided by shipper.
- Build and maintain good relationships with all customers, suppliers, and vendors.
- Submit booking requests, coordinate transloading instructions with suppliers.
- Creation of orders within database.
- Remain responsible for ensuring the smooth flow of the movement of shipments, resolving any discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Review files before closing to ensure all processes are adhered to.
- Work closely with all internal stakeholders to ensure best in class performance in the logistics section of the business.
- Coordinate and monitor the transportation and movements of goods for importing and exporting.
- Work closely with assigned documentation coordinator.
- Assist with submission of documentation when needed.
- The company may assign other duties as required.
- Diploma/Degree or certificate in Supply Chain Management, Business, or equivalent experience an asset.
- 1+ years of experience in logistics coordination for agricultural commodities or other commodities an asset.
- 1+ years of experience in freight forwarding an asset.
- Solid computer software skills (Microsoft Word, Excel and working with ERP software considered a plus).
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written). Bilingualism an asset.
- Strong organizational, time management and detail-oriented skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with time-sensitive deadlines.
- Proven ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
- Self-starter and ability to take direction.
- Strong aptitude in managing time critical situations in a business efficient manner.
- Excellent decision making and problem-solving skills.
- A thirst for knowledge, personal growth, and taking on new challenges.
- Versatile, flexible and customer service centric individual.
- Competitive Salary
- Healthcare Benefits Package
- Dental, Vision, AD&D, Life Insurance, Extended Health Care
- RRSP Matching
- Casual Attire
- Career Growth
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation, RRSP matching, Extended health benefits (medical, dental, and vision), life insurance, disability, and more.
We thank all applicants for their interest and will contact those candidates under consideration.
Western Freight Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity in our workforce and is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
To be eligible for this position, you must legally be permitted to work in Canada without any additional sponsorship support from Western Freight Solutions Limited.